Welcome!

Thank you for visiting my blog. I am a language enthusiast, a culture enthusiast and just love learning about people in general. Please feel free to share your story with me!

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Simple Chatter Can Take You Several Kilometers

Good evening ladies and gentlemen,

I'm sitting in the Toronto airport at the moment and I arrived from Nawleans this morning. I woke up this morning, took a shower and headed out from my couch surfers house. Couch surfing is so awesome as a free service and I would recommend it to anyone traveling on a budget. I'll even write you a recommendation on the site (thanks for mine, Linda)!

On the flight to Toronto I sat next to this nice Japanese gentleman, Jim Bei. We chatted a bit then he passed out and I just chilled for the relatively short flight. When he woke up, we chatted a bit more and walked to customs together. We parted ways and I started looking for a train to get into the city so my ~8 hour layover wouldn't be so boring.



As I was looking at train prices which were a bit too much, I ran into Jim Bei getting ready to go to his car. I chatted him up about alternative means to get around, and he offered me a ride downtown! I gladly accepted and he spent the next hour or so with me in his car showing me around. Then as he got ready to drop me off, he handed me a subway token and told me how to get back to the airport. What a guy! It was unexpected but fun and it just goes to show a smile and polite banter are a recipe for good, old-fashioned human interaction.



See you when I land in Dublin!

1 comment:

  1. Tony, good to see we are following you on another great adventure. ¡Buen viaje!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete